Parent Engagement information
Dear Parent / Guardian
Unfortunately, we were unable to run our normal Parental Engagement Evening for Year 11 as planned this month due to the rising cases of Covid-19 in Swansea.
In order to ensure parents / guardians are kept fully informed of key dates / deadlines, Mr. Owen and staff at Birchgrove have put together several links to PowerPoints / videos that will help you and your child over the coming months.
We are extremely proud of all our pupils at Birchgrove and continue to strive to provide additional support to our Key Stage 4 pupils during their examination years.
Some of the interventions already in place include:
- Afterschool revision sessions provided by Birchgrove teachers
- Afterschool study sessions available in the Learning Zone until 5pm every evening
- The Learning Zone is also available before school and during lunchtime for Years 10/11 to complete homework
- All staff are available via their hwb email addresses or class Team to support pupils.
- Mock Examinations and walk through practise papers will be taking place over the coming months.
- Careers interviews with Rhys Davies (Careers Advisor) are ongoing.
- We have strong links with local sixth forms and Gower / Neath College to support our year 11 pupils with Post 16 transition and key dates regarding transition are included in Mrs. Fish's PowerPoint below.
Can I take this opportunity to thank you for your continued support and ask if you can encourage your child to take advantage of all the additional support available at Birchgrove.
I hope you find the links to staff PowerPoints / video links useful.
Please feel free to contact the school if you have a further queries.